What you can see from the View Points in SODURBA
- Dolphins all year – usually swim south from 6.00-8.30am
- Humpback & Southern Wright Whales from June – November and calves appearing from October – November
- The greatest shoal on earth! The sardine run starts from May – July
- Vervet monkeys, mongoose, fruit bats and a wide variety of birdlife can be spotted across SODURBA
Official View Points
- The Treasure Beach Environmental Education Centre on Durbans Bluff is rich in history and ecological importance. It is also the site of the original radar tracking station for coastal defense in WW2. The roof of the building is a view point to watch dolphins and whales moving down our coast.
- Netford Road is another view point only accessible by foot where you can relax and do land based whale watching.